At St Mary’s Banbury we are proud to be part of the Inclusive church network.
What is Inclusive Church?
Inclusive Church is a network of churches, groups and individuals uniting together around a shared vision
What is it’s shared vision?
“We believe in inclusive church – a church which celebrates and affirms every person and does not discriminate.
We will continue to challenge the church where it continues to discriminate against people on grounds of disability, economic power, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, learning disability, mental health, neurodiversity, or sexuality.
We believe in a Church which welcomes and serves all people in the name of Jesus Christ; which is scripturally faithful; which seeks to proclaim the Gospel afresh for each generation; and which, in the power of the Holy Spirit, allows all people to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Jesus Christ.”
If you would like to find out more check out their website using the link below
What is Heart Edge?
- A network of churches initiated by St Martin-in-the-Fields
- For those working at the heart of culture, community and commerce
- With those at the margins and on the edge
- Building association, learning, development and resource
HeartEdge supports churches in blending their mission around four key areas:
- Congregation – Inclusive approaches to liturgy, worship and day-to-day communal life
- Compassion – models of outreach serving local need and addressing social justice
- Culture – art, music and ideas to re-imagine the Christian narrative for the present moment
- Commerce – Commercial activities that generate finance, creatively extending and enhancing mission and ministry through social enterprise
HeartEdge supports its members in finding their stories, sharing resources and connecting effectively with others developing their church and community. We create spaces where members give from their experience and take from others – an exchange that’s often inspiring, always compelling, and mutually useful for all participants. We want HeartEdge to be an essential resource and a valuable community, as you develop your church and neighbourhood.